A very warm welcome is extended to all golfing visitors from everyone at Muthill Golf Club. The 9 hole course (with 18 tees), most definitely has something for everyone. Having a mix of par 3s and 4s with narrow fairways, it is a parkland course that is ideal for all abilities.
The stunning views alone make Muthill an attractive place to play golf, however as the course is also home to many wildlife species (hares, red kites, yellow hammers and tree creepers, etc), any visitor’s experience can include a few unexpected and exciting ‘sightings’.
As part of a golfing break, a golf outing or whether joining us as an individual player, we are confident that a visit to Muthill will be both enjoyable and memorable.
Book a round now! Come for the day, play your round of golf and enjoy some good food in our friendly clubhouse.
How to find us
Muthill Golf Club is situated 3 miles south of Crieff in beautiful Perth and Kinross,(Perthshire)countryside.
It is only 6.5 miles from Gleneagles Golf Resort where the Ryder Cup was hosted in 2014 and the Solheim Cup took place in 2019 (A823 and A822). By car it is just 20 miles from Perth (A85), 44 miles from Glasgow (M8) and 59 miles from Edinburgh (M9). It’s location and proximity to good road links across Perthshire, makes it ideal for visitors to play a round while visiting or passing through the area.
Visitor Green Fees (rates for 2021/22
Adult (Tuesday -Sunday) Junior (Tuesday-Sunday)
9 holes——————————£16 9 holes—————————£5
18 holes—————————-£22 9 holes————————£10
Adult(9 or 18 holes)
Monday (all day)———————————————- £12
Tuesday and Friday (afternoon)—————————£12
Green fees include insurance.
Muthill golf club is currently working towards online booking and payment through the Scottish Golf App.
In the meantime, all visitors wishing to book tee times, are asked to telephone the Secretary on (01764 681523) or email email@example.com
Payment can be taken by cash or card. On occasions when the clubhouse is closed, monies can be placed into the honesty box (at the end of the clubhouse).
Please note that currently, payment cannot be taken over the phone.
All visitors to Muthill are asked to familiarise themselves with the latest Coronavirus guidance issued by Scottish Golf, to ensure that everyone can play golf safely.
The track and trace procedure currently requires all golfers to pre book tee times.
The necessary details of any player(including a phone number),will therefore be entered into the booking system before any booking is confirmed.
Muthill currently has one buggy which can be hired at a cost of £15. As any hire has to be by special arrangement and permission of the owners, players wishing to book the buggy, are asked to contact the Secretary by phone (01764 681523) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pull trolleys are available to hire at a cost of £2 each.
Clubs are available to hire at a cost of £5.
Groups/parties of golfers are very welcome at Muthill and discount rates/catering packages are available on request.
Anyone interested in arranging a group booking should contact the Secretary by telephone on 01764 681523 or email email@example.com for further details.
Club Rules for Visitors
- Any balance of green fees should t paid before play commences.
- Players are asked to adhere to the dress code- no denim jeans, football /rugby shorts or tops and no vest type shirts.
- Players are asked to observe the rules of the game of golf, together with local rules currently in place.
- A list of names/telephone numbers should be provided for all players in any group.
- Final numbers for groups requiring catering, should be provided to the caterer at least 2 days before any planned visit.
Other attractions in the area
- 2.2miles north of the village of Muthill is Drummond Castle and gardens(the location of Versailles in season 2 of the Outlander TV series and also featured in the film Rob Roy)
- Glenturret Distillery (Crieff) (Scotland’s oldest working distillery)
- Crieff Ceramics(A pottery painting studio and café)
- Crieff Hydro (A spa resort hotel) which offers over 60 activities to guests (including horse riding, tennis, Adventure Park and Segway experiences).
Open Competitions @Muthill in 2021
Entries are now open for the following competitions:
- Ladies -Open Greensomes (Red Tees)……20th May……£12 per pair
- Senior Men……Open…….4th June…….£10
- Senior -Mixed Open Foursomes……14th June……£12 per pair
- Ladies-9 Hole Open (Red Tees)…….5th July…….£6
- Men-Texas Scramble Open(Yellow tees)…..22nd August……£25 per team
Everyone is welcome! Check them out on the Scottish Golf App and join us!
The full results of our open competitions will be updated throughout the season as they are played.
We are very fortunate at Muthill Golf Club to have our caterer on site. She provides delicious food throughout the summer season and catering packages are available on request.
Come and try her filled rolls, a full cooked breakfast or sample her home baking.
You won’t be disappointed!
Muthill Golf Course Key Features
***Open to visitors 7 days a week ***Beautiful views*** Friendly and welcoming*